I am an educator, and I make the outdoors more inclusive.
With eight years of teaching experience, I deliver interactive trainings designed to help your organization understand and affirm diverse identities, with a focus on queer and transgender people.
From three to twelve hours- interactive activities, practical takeaways, and scenarios geared toward your organization.
- - Trans 101: Gender inclusivity essentials
- - Trans 102: Developing allyship
- - Trans 103: Allyship skills, interventions, and next steps
- - Pronouns and more: Creating a gender-inclusive environment
- - Diversity, equity, and inclusion: Essential concepts
- - Emotional literacy and unconscious bias
- - Intersectionality and microaggressions
- - Diversity and inclusion in outdoor spaces
Looking for a way to develop your skills one-on-one? Work through questions like:
- - Where are my blind spots?
- - How can I align my work with my values?
Planning an event? Developing an outreach strategy? I can help with that. Open-ended and solution-oriented.
- - What do I do about bathrooms at my event?
- - How do I share pronouns in this space?
- - What can I do to support trans people in my community?
- - American Mountain Guides Association
- - American Alpine Club
- - Salt Lake City Public Library
- - People of the Global Majority in Outdoors, Nature, and the Environment (PGM ONE)
- - Camber Outdoors
- - Deuter USA
- - Flash Foxy
|Lila Leatherman is an incredible trainer. Their workshops are equal parts informative and empathetic. I left with a significantly better understanding of the concepts of sex, gender identity and gender expression and I can apply what I learned to making a more inclusive workplace for library staff and patrons.||- Patrick Hoecherl, Staff Development Coordinator, Salt Lake City Public Library|
|Lila’s openness and eager desire to engage makes topics of equity and justice approachable and digestible no matter where you are in your journey. Lila’s knowledge, lived experience and commitment to living in an inclusive and just society makes them an excellent consultant for organizations looking to develop and/or expand their diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts.||- Grace Anderson, Director of Operations and Strategic Partnerships, PGM ONE|
Want to do some reading on your own? Here are some of my favorite places to start.
Contact me to discuss projects and sliding-scale rates. Your initial 30-minute consultation is always free.
Five percent of revenue is donated to the Sylvia Rivera Law Project.